The Rancho El Dorado News
Signup for your FREE copy of our Newsletter. Please enter your full name, email, phone and address in the appropriate boxes below, along with the 3 or 4 digit spamcode.
We have 20 guests online
Get ready for July 4 and the Great American Barbecue.
Maricopa's annual Independence Day celebration will take place at Pacana Park, from 6-10 p.m., Monday, July 4. At this free event, families will enjoy games, water inflatables, contests, food vendors and of course a grand display of colorful fireworks. Try your hand at the various contests including, pie eating, watermelon seed spitting and sack races. Or cool off at the water zone featuring inflatable water slides and dunk tanks. Entertainment will be provided by local dance and music groups as well as a deejay. At 9 p.m., the presentation will begin followed by the fireworks display. Bring lawn chairs/blankets to relax and enjoy the fireworks.
No outside alcohol, pop-up tents or pets allowed. Service animals are permitted. Bring cash to purchase refreshments from the vendors on hand. Please note that the park will be closing immediately after the conclusion of the event and remember, Pacana Park is a tobacco-free space.
A shuttle service begins at 5:30 p.m., from the following Park 'n' Ride lots. The last shuttle leaves Pacana Park at 11 p.m.
- Pima Butte Elementary School, 42202 W Rancho El Dorado Parkway
- Santa Rosa Elementary School, 21400 N Santa Rosa Avenue
- Maricopa Elementary School, 18150 N Alterra Parkway
- Santa Cruz Elementary School, 19845 N Costa del Sol
- Maricopa Wells Middle School, 43735 W Honeycutt Avenue
- Butterfield Elementary School, 43800 W Honeycutt Road
- Ace Hardware (ADA Access), 21542 N John Wayne Parkway
- Legacy Traditional School, 17760 N. Regent Drive